If you travelled through one or more Massachusetts tolls without an account (or your device malfunctioned,) you will be mailed a
Pay By Plate MA
The invoice will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle in approximately 7-10 business days.
Invoice Payment Options
1) Pay online using Pay By Plate MA
You will need your invoice information and the license plate number to pay online.
2) Pay by a check or money order mailed to:
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
EZDriveMA Payment Processing Center
P.O. Box 847840
Boston, MA 02284-7840
Make the check or money order payable to "The Commonwealth of Massachusetts," and note the license plate and invoice number.
3) Pay at any Customer Service Center - in cash, or with a credit or debit card.
The fee schedule can be seen here.
– If you go through an EZPass MA toll but do not have an EZPass MA device (and an active EZDriveMA account), you will owe the cash rate for that toll.
– If you have an EZPass MA device and active account but the device was not properly mounted (or not in the car), you will owe the EZPass MA rate for that toll.
– If you have an EZPass MA device and active account but the device malfunctioned you will owe the EZPass MA rate
– You have seven days to pay an invoice.
– It typically takes less than 24 hours for you to appear in the system after going through a toll without paying.
– You can call 800-824-7277 for more info.
– If you pay the wrong amount and it is to little, you still owe the difference. If it’s too much you will need to claim the coverage amount.
– The same rules apply to all states.
– You are in the system after going through a toll without paying.
– If your car is being towed and you are charged for toll(s) incurred by the tow truck you do not owe for those tolls - but the system *may* bill both the tow truck and your car (being towed.)
If you get billed in this situation you will need to submit a "bill of lading" to dispute the charges.
The document (the bill of lading) must have the pick-up date, the delivery date, the vehicle information, signature of the customer, and signature of and employee of the shipping company.
It can be mailed to
EZDriveMA Customer Service Center
27 Midstate Drive Auburn, MA 01501-1800
or fax it to us at (508) 786-5222
EZDriveMA is the name of the electronic toll
system in Massachusetts.
E-ZPass MA Is the transponder based option for the EZDriveMA system. E-ZPass MA is part of the E-ZPass system.
Pay By Plate MA is the name of the pay by plate option for the EZDriveMa system
EZ-Pass MA, EZ Pass MA and EZPass MA are commonly used terms by the general public. They generally refer to the transponder based solution of the EZDriveMA system.